If you are in need of auto insurance in Coraopolis, PA, there are a number of considerations you will want to take into account, including what is covered in your policy, who is covered, and which auto insurance company you should choose.
Review Your Auto Insurance Policy Annually
Knowing it’s required by law, many consumers get an auto insurance policy once and then forget about it. But failing to periodically review your policy for updates or changes could leave you and your loved ones unprotected or paying a lot more than necessary.
Life changes such as moving, buying a new car, getting married, or having a newly licensed teenager may make you eligible for discounted rates and/or need new liability coverages added to your policy.
For these reasons, among others, it’s essential to review your auto insurance policy every year. In fact, failing to update your policy could result in a claim not being covered when you need it most.
Who is On Your Car Insurance Policy?
When reviewing your current policy, first take a look at who is covered, because individuals added to your policy and who have permission to drive your vehicle will be covered in the event that he or she is involved in an accident. Are there children, spouses, or partners that should be added or removed? It’s also important to confirm that you are covered if you get in an accident while driving someone else’s vehicle.
What Does Your Auto Insurance Quote Cover?
Some coverage options may be required based on the state you live in, including:
- Bodily Injury Liability: Covers any costs associated with injuries or deaths caused by you or others driving your automobile
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: Reimburses your costs if you are involved in an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver or a hit-and-run accident
- Property Damage Liability: Reimburses others for damaged property that you or the driver of your car may have caused in an accident
- Medical or Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Reimburses you or your passengers after an accident for medical expenses, lost wages, and other related expenses
When reviewing your auto insurance policy, there are additional optional protections you can select from that cover your vehicle in a number of situations:
- Collision: Covers damage to your vehicles when you are at fault in an automobile accident
- Comprehensive: Protects against any theft or damage that does not occur in a car accident, such as fire, flood, or vandalism
- Glass Coverage: Covers damage to your windshield, front and rear windows, and glass sunroof
Selecting the Right Auto Insurance Company in Coraopolis
New insurance products and coverages are periodically created by insurance companies to best meet the needs of their policyholders. At The Polesky Agency, our experienced agents can conduct a thorough review of your current car insurance policy to make sure you and your loved ones are adequately covered. We’ll happily explain what the fine print in your policy means and offer any recommendations to your policy if we see gaps in coverage.
We pride ourselves on being an independent agency that is local to the Coraopolis area. When you need help right away, we are right there for you to call or visit. Make sure you’re covered with the best rates available for you – get your policy reviewed by the experts at The Polesky Agency today!